– Darshan Mondkar
Maharashtra Govt has requested Kerala for 50 specialist Doctors and 100 nurses to handle the Covid pandemic in Mumbai.
While some might be thinking this as a failure of the Maharashtra Govt, in my view, this is the smartest thing that Uddhav Thackrey could have done.
When you are in trouble, and Mumbai is in trouble, you take the help of experts.
Kerala has proved to be amazing at handling the Covid crisis and is perhaps the only State in India which has kept a firm handle on the pandemic.
That Uddhav Thackrey did not have any ego or arrogance to seek help of Kerala in these trying times goes to show that Maharashtra has chosen an apt person to lead them in this crisis.
The only reasons why one would not take help from those who have succeeded is when that person is:
- Too full of himself thinking that he and only he knows everything
- Too egoistic to request help from someone else because it might belittle him
- A megalomaniac thinking the world revolves round them and can’t think beyond “Main Main Main”
- Uncaring and unsympathetic about the population of the country/state. Doesn’t care what happens to them.
……. And this is a general statement, just because it reminds you of Modi, its not my fault.
Meanwhile, Adityanath wants other States to take his permission if they want to hire/employ laborers from Uttar Pradesh.
As usual Adityanath seems to forget that there is something called the Constitution of India which rules supreme in the territory of India over and above any State or personal fiefdoms.
The same Constitution of India in its Article 19 clearly states that:
Any citizen of India has the Right to
- move freely throughout the territory of India
- to reside or settle in any part of the Territory of India
- to carry out any profession, any occupation, trade or business
The last I checked neither Adityanath nor Uttar Pradesh was over and above the Constitution of India.
There is no way that Adityanath can restrict free movement of any residents of Uttar Pradesh to any part of the Country.
Neither can he order any State to seek his permission to employ anyone from Uttar Pradesh.
Doing so, not only goes against the Constitution of India but also against the Rights of the people granted by the same Constitution.
Whether anyone from Uttar Pradesh seeks employment in any other state and plans to reside there temporarily or permanently is entirely up to the Individual and the Company offering that individual the job. They can choose to work elsewhere or not….. Their decision.
It might be a good idea for Adityanath to re-read the Constitution of India before making such statements or trying to pass such tyrannical rules.
Further, BJP in Power in Uttar Pradesh:
- Does not arrange for transportation of the migrants
- Refuses help from opposition
- Finds faults in help offered from Opposition
- Files FIR against opposition leaders for trying to send help.
- Says their CM is the best
BJP in Opposition (Maharashtra):
- Blames Govt for not arranging transport for migrants
- Calls for a State Wide Andolan during a medical emergency lock-down.
- Decides to come out on the streets throwing social distancing out of the window
- Says the CM is the worst.
One thing is clear, whether BJP is in power or whether they are in opposition. The only thing they care about is Politics, Votes, getting and staying in power by hook or crook.
They do not care about the current situation, they do not care about the State, the do not care about the people of the State and they do not care about the migrants either.
So tell me once again, why exactly do you vote for BJP???
(The author is a technocrat and activist. Views expressed are personal)